Friday, November 10, 2017


welcome to my weekly blog post.  i am continuing

with the daily collage that i described last week.

i begin when it is still dark. i have been lucky, a fragment of 

a thought, an idea, an internal image comes along with the selected images.

this develops as the images are glued onto the surface.  

i never know what to expect so it is always a surprise.



illusion, mixed media in an altered book



the control you think you have 

is an illustion.

this moment is all there is.

when you meet a kindred spirit,

recognize the connection and 

remember.




i post my art daily on instagram under 
irenerafael and weekly here on friday when i link
with art pals at paint party friday, hosted weekly by
kristen and eva


thank you for visiting and your comments. 

both are much appreciated. 




9 comments:

  1. Wonderful collage. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. a lovely and ethereal looking portrait. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has a beautiful and otherworldly feel...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how soft her face is. Her eyes grab me and hold me in place. Lovely!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely portrait Irene! Alluring.
    So good being with you today, always a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Irene, as I scrolled down to see your art and it appeared on my screen I took a breath and the word,"WOOOW" came out. She is stunning. There is something very magical about her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Irene for some reason I no longer have your email address. Can you please email me beadwright AT g mail dot com. I have a question about Japanese writing. Thanks N

    ReplyDelete
  8. She feels so spiritual and mystical..a deeply beautiful essence! Stunning colors and energy..very serene and powerful at the same time!
    happy PPf
    Victoria #23

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see the most incredible girl from the the past. . .I see a fascinating story here. Blessings, Janet

    ReplyDelete